Sunday, November 25, 2007

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare


I am not going to review the action, graphics, or plot of this game. I would like to, but I can't. The reason I can't is because the dvd that this game is published on will not play in my dvd player. In fact, many people own dvd players that will not work with the secret anti-copying voodoo included on the dvd, and if you are one of the owners of these drives, you can't play this game either. In fact you can't read the dvd at all, so you can't even install the game. If you are one of the unfortunate owners of these unsupported dvd drives you may, like me, turn to activision tech support for assistance. Then you will find, as I have, that activision tech support is as usefull as a third shoe. I have been repeatedly told to reboot my computer then run the game to see what happens, this despite the fact that I have explained repeatedly that I can't even read the dvd or install the game. If you have surmised that I have some exotic dvd drive and that I should expect some difficulties, I can assure you my drive is as vanilla as they come. It is a LG manufactured dvd drive that was standard install from Dell on my Dimension computer.
Being as I purchased this game from Amazon, I was not able to see the various labels on the box, but now that I have received it one label stands out..."This game contains technology intended to prevent copying that may conflict with some disc and virtual drives."
So, beware pc gamers, just because you have a fast enough processor, and a powerful enough video card, your machine may very well not be able to read the dvd, install or play this game.
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

No comments: